Can you use puff pastry on the bottom of a pie?
It might sound a little strange using puff pastry for the base of the pie (since all the puffiness is going to be squashed down with pie filling), but it works, and it saves the effort of using a different type of pastry for the base.
How do you make puff pastry for a pie dish?
- When making a pie with a pastry top or lid, choose a dish with a rim and allow the filling to get cold before topping with pastry.
- Brush rim with water or beaten egg.
- Roll pastry up on the rolling pin to lift it (as described in ‘Rolling out Puff Pastry’ section and gently unroll it over the pie dish.
How many calories are in a chicken and mushroom pie?
There are 460 calories in 1 pie (226 g) of Pukka Pies Chicken & Mushroom Pie.
How do I keep my bottom pie crust from getting soggy?
Sprinkle dried breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes, or other types of cereal, on the bottom crust before filling and baking in the oven. This will prevent the filling from turning the crust soggy.
How do you make Jamie Oliver puff pastry?
How to make perfect puff pastry
- Mix the flour with ¼ of a teaspoon of sea salt in a bowl, then cube and rub in the lard with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add 100ml of ice-cold water and mix it until you have a smooth dough (add extra water if needs be) – do not overwork.
How do you keep the bottom of a pie from getting soggy?
How do you make a pie without a soggy bottom?
7 Tips to Help You Avoid a Soggy Pie Crust
- Use less water. Use the liquid amount as a guideline and sprinkle it on a tablespoon at a time just until your dough comes together.
- Blind-bake your crust.
- Fight the puff a better way.
- Egg wash.
- Seal your crust with chocolate.
- Drain the fruit.
- Use thickeners.
Do I need to cook puff pastry before adding filling?
Always preheat your oven for a minimum of 15-20 minutes before baking, because Puff Pastry depends on even heat to rise and puff. If you’re making a tart or filled Puff Pastry, place it on the baking sheet before adding toppings or fillings.
Can you use puff pastry for pie top?
Substituting Pie Dough/Crust with Puff Pastry The bottom crust will fall apart because of the flakiness of the pastry. However, you can use puff pastry for the top of a pie crust, it will give your pie crust a crispy, flaky texture.
What nutrients are in chicken and mushroom pie?
Chicken and Mushroom Pie – 1 individual pie
- individual pie (427g )
- Calories from Fat 535. Calories 950.
- 91% Total Fat 59g.
- 60% Saturated Fat 12g.
- 67% Cholesterol 201mg.
- 38% Sodium 905mg.
- 24% Potassium 824mg.
- 19% Total Carbohydrates 57g.
What sauce is in a chicken and mushroom Pukka pie?
Vegetarian? No one’s left out at Pukka. Our Vegetarian Society approved Cheese, Leek & Potato pie is filled with leek and potato in a creamy mature cheddar sauce, all cosied up in our signature light and flaky puff pastry.
How long does it take to cook chicken and mushroom pie?
Bake for 15 mins until risen. Serve your chicken and mushroom pies, still warm from the open, with a big spoon on creamy mash and minted peas. To reduce the fat content, use a cream substitute such as Elmlea instead of double cream in this chicken and mushroom pie.
How do you cook chicken and mushrooms in a frying pan?
Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook until the chicken is lightly brown. Add the flour to the pan and cook, stirring all the time for a minute, then add the wine, cream and stock.
What can I use instead of cream in chicken and mushroom pie?
Serve your chicken and mushroom pies, still warm from the open, with a big spoon on creamy mash and minted peas. To reduce the fat content, use a cream substitute such as Elmlea instead of double cream in this chicken and mushroom pie.
How do you cook chicken and mushrooms with Leek?
Chop the chicken into 2 cm cubes, quarter the mushrooms and slice and wash the leek. Place the butter into a non stick pan, add the leek and garlic and sweat until soft.