How do I connect my Sony Digital 8 Handycam to my computer?
Transfer Video from a Digital8 or MiniDV Camcorder to a Computer
- Connect your Digital8™ or MiniDV camera to the computer using the Audio Video (A/V) cable.
- Connect your camera to the computer using a Sony® i. LINK® or Apple® FireWire® cable.
- Connect your camera to the computer using the USB cable.
How can I charge my Sony Handycam without a charger?
There are four ways to charge your Sony cameras batteries without an external wall charger.
- Charge with a power bank. Choose charge port with a minimum of 1.5A.
- Charge with a computer. Works best direct connected to USB, skipping the USB hub.
- Charge with a wall plug.
- Charge via USB outlet in your car.
How do you charge an old Sony Handycam battery?
How to charge the camcorder battery.
- Connect the battery to the camcorder.
- Plug the AC power cord into the battery charging block.
- Plug the charging cable into the camcorder.
- Plug the AC power cord into a working electrical outlet.
- Allow the battery to charge until the camcorder indicates the battery is full.
Why is my Sony Handycam not charging?
Verify that the battery is inserted correctly in the camera. Power off the camera as the battery may not charge when the camera is powered on. If the issue still exists, install a different and compatible Sony rechargeable battery. NOTE: If the replacement battery charges, the first battery may need to be replaced.
Why won’t my Sony camera connect to my computer?
Check the USB cable, USB ports, and memory card. Use the USB cable supplied with your camera. Third-party USB cables may not allow the import of images from your camera. Make sure the USB ports on both the camera and computer are not dusty or dirty.
How do I download pictures from my Sony camera to my computer without USB?
- Insert the memory card to the camera.
- Turn on the computer and the camera.
- On the camera, press the Playback button.
- Press the MENU button.
- Select Send to Computer.
- Press the ENTER button. The images will then be sent to the computer.
How do I transfer my 8mm digital to my computer?
How to transfer video from an 8mm or Hi8 camcorder to a computer running a Windows operating system.
- Connect an A/V cable to the A/V output jack of the 8mm or Hi8™ camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable or S-Video cable to the A/V input or S-Video jack on the computer.