How do I connect to Oracle ODBC?
Configuring an Oracle ODBC Data Source Name
- In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Data Sources (ODBC).
- Select the System DSN tab and click Add.
- Select an appropriate Oracle driver and click Finish.
- Specify the following information in the Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration window:
How do you fix error ORA 12154 TNS could not resolve the connect identifier specified?
- Make sure that “TNSNAMES” is listed as one of the values of the NAMES. DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile (SQLNET.
- Verify that a TNSNAMES.
- Check that the net service name used as the connect identifier exists in the TNSNAMES.
- Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the TNSNAMES.
How do I fix my ORA 12154?
- Option #1. Make sure that the TNSNAMES. ORA file exists and is in the correct directory.
- Option #2. Make sure that the service name that you are connecting to is included in the TNSNAMES. ORA file and that it is correctly defined.
- Option #3. Make sure that there are no syntax errors in the TNSNAMES. ORA file.
Can’t find the connect identifier specified?
“ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specified” error while creating a linked server to Oracle. This is one of the most common errors while creating linked server to Oracle database. If the SQL server is 64 bit then we need to install 64 bit Oracle provider.
How do I test Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection?
Start the ODBC test utility by selecting Start > Programs > Oracle > Network Administration > Oracle ODBC Test or by searching your system for the file ODBCTST. EXE and double clicking on the file. Click on the CONNECT button displayed by the ODBC Test utility.
How do I set up an ODBC connection?
Add an ODBC data source
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools dialog box, double-click Data Sources (ODBC).
- Click User DSN, System DSN, or File DSN, depending on the type of data source you want to add.
- Click Add.
What is Oracle ODBC connection?
An ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) connection allows authorized users to access data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Oracle database using the ODBC enabled software of their choice. Once this authorization is granted, you will be given a personal id (usually your netid) and password to access the database.
Where do I put the Tnsnames Ora file in Oracle client?
Place the tnsnames. ora file in the ORACLE_HOME \network\admin directory, and ensure that the ORACLE_HOME environment has been set to this Oracle home.
How do I fix my ORA 12514?
The solutions to ORA-12514 are to make sure the following things:
- The database is available. If there’s no instance, then no service name will register with the listener.
- The service names are matched.
- The host and port are both right.
- Instance registers it services with the right listener.
What is TNS in database?
Transparent Network Substrate (TNS), a proprietary Oracle computer-networking technology, supports homogeneous peer-to-peer connectivity on top of other networking technologies such as TCP/IP, SDP and named pipes. TNS operates mainly for connection to Oracle databases.
What is error ora-12154?
ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve the connect identifier specified error comes when you try to connect Oracle database using clients/tools like SQL Plus, Toad, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, and SQL*Net could not find the alias specified for a connection in the TNSNAMES.ORA file or other naming adapters.
What is ora-12154 TNS?
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified Cause: A connection to a database or other service was requested using a connect identifier, and the connect identifier specified could not be resolved into a connect descriptor using one of the naming methods configured.
How do I connect to an oracle DSN?
Go to Excel and make a new connection to a DSN. The dialog will show “myOracleDsn” as an option. Select it, enter “tiger” for the password again, and you should get a working connection. Show activity on this post. Try changing (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = UBASE) ) to (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = UBASE) ) in your TNSNAMES.ora file.
How to set TNS service name in ODBC?
In your TNSNAMES.ORA, use one of the values listed there for the SERVICE_NAME. In you ODBC connection, all you’ll need is to set the TNS Service Name to the name you used above, “UBASEP10G” BQ. BQ.