How do I fix error ORA-01031 insufficient privileges?
The quickest solution may be for you to contact the database administrator. The database administrator can either grant you appropriate privileges to freely execute any operations. Another method is that the database administrator can execute the specific operation for you.
How do I resolve insufficient privileges in SQL?
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges Solution: Go to Your System User. then Write This Code: SQL> grant dba to UserName; //Put This username which user show this error message. Grant succeeded.
Why do I have insufficient privileges?
You see the Insufficient Privileges error if you don’t have the right access on different levels. For example, your profile prevents you from accessing the account object, or your role prevents you from accessing a case record.
How do I enable standby database?
Activate physical standby database
- Step 1 (Optional) Identify and resolve any gaps in the archived redo log files.
- Step 2 Initiate the failover operation on the target physical standby database.
- Step 3 Convert the physical standby database to the primary role.
- Step 4 Shut down and restart the new primary database.
How do I grant insert privileges in Oracle?
How to Grant All Privileges to a User in Oracle
- CREATE USER super IDENTIFIED BY abcd1234; The super user created.
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES TO super;
- Enter user-name: [email protected] Enter password:
- SELECT * FROM session_privs ORDER BY privilege;
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to alice;
What does insufficient privileges mean in SQL?
ORA-01031: Insufficient Privileges means that the current user did not use the right privilege to process the SQL statement. Since this error can be seen almost in every kind of SQL statement, sometimes you would never know what privilege you lack.
Why does it say insufficient privilege on steam?
The Steam error Missing file privileges might appear when you don’t have full permissions to run Steam. Make sure to verify the game integrity when you encounter this error message. To fix the Missing file privileges issue on Steam, end the task related to your graphics card.
How do I open a standby database in read/write mode permanently?
Open Standby in Read-write Mode When Primary is Lost
- 1.) Open standby database in mount state :
- 2.) Recover if there is any archive logs:
- 3.) Finish the Recovery process :
- 4.) Activate the Standby Database :
- 5.) Check the new status.
- 6.) Open the Database.
How do I make my Oracle database standby as primary?
Create a standby control file on the primary instance using the SQL ALTER DATABASE CREATE STANDBY CONTROLFILE AS filename statement, and use the created control file to mount the standby instance. Restart Redo Apply.
How do I Grant and revoke privileges in SQL?
SQL GRANT Command
- The Syntax for the GRANT command is:
- For Example: GRANT SELECT ON employee TO user1; This command grants a SELECT permission on employee table to user1.
- For Example: REVOKE SELECT ON employee FROM user1;This command will REVOKE a SELECT privilege on employee table from user1.
What is Grant all privileges in Oracle?
Use the ALL PRIVILEGES privilege type to grant all of the privileges to the user or role for the specified table. You can also grant one or more table privileges by specifying a privilegeList. Use the DELETE privilege type to grant permission to delete rows from the specified table.
What does ora-01031 insufficient privileges mean?
ORA-01031: Insufficient Privileges means that the current user did not use the right privilege to process the SQL statement. Since this error is scattering almost in every kind of SQL statement, sometimes you would never know what privilege you lack.
What does error code ora-01031 mean?
ERROR: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges [[email protected] bin]$ sqlplus sys/[email protected] as sysdba SQL*Plus: Release 22.214.171.124.0 Production on Fri Jan 29 13:46:18 2016 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to an idle instance.
What privilege should be granted to Thomas in ora-01031?
We got ORA-01031. The right privilege to reference other’s data is not SELECT, it’s REFERENCES. We should grant the privilege to him either by HR or privileged users. Grant succeeded. Now Thomas can finish his job.
What is ora-01031 error in tmptbl_fr59pt021?
The table tmptbl_fr59pt021 is a temporary table. And i have this error: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges But when i make a insert in this table outside the stored procedure insert data seamlessly. How do I fix this error? Thank You! Show activity on this post.