How do I fix my Seagate external hard drive not recognized?
Basic hardware troubleshooting steps:
- Try connecting the drive to a different port on the computer.
- If possible, try using a different cable.
- Try using the drive on a different computer.
- Verify the drive light is on.
- Try a different power outlet.
How do I update my Seagate external hard drive driver?
Right-click on the external drive, select Properties, then select Driver. 7. Select Update Driver, then Next, then Search for a better driver (Recommended).
Why won’t my Seagate hard drive work on my PC?
A reason why your Seagate portable drive is not being recognized could be that you might have plugged it into a faulty or loose USB port. Your Seagate portable drive may not be showing up because of a faulty USB cable as well; so you can replace the USB cable if changing the port doesn’t work.
How do I update my external hard drive software?
- Right-click the Windows icon on the toolbar, then click Device Manager.
- Expand Disk drives, and locate your hard drive.
- Right-click your hard drive, then select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I download Seagate firmware?
Log in with your credentials. Select the Settings tab. Under the Advanced tab, select Firmware Update and note the currently installed version. Now navigate to the Seagate Download Finder.
How do I fix my hard drive not initializing?
Solution 1. Initialize Disk
- Right-click “My Computer” > “Manage” to run Disk Management.
- Here, right-click the hard drive and click “Initialize Disk”.
- In the dialogue box, select the disk(s) to initialize and choose MBR or GPT partition style. After initializing the disk, you can now recover data from your disk.
Can I manage files stored on my Seagate Ultra Touch SSD?
See your product manual for which Toolkit activities are supported by your drive. Manage files stored on your Seagate Ultra Touch SSD using your compatible Android mobile device. Quickly determine the condition of the drive in your computer with this comprehensive, easy-to-use diagnostic.
Do I need additional drivers for my Seagate external hard drive?
The external drive sold by Seagate does not require additional drivers for most environments. This page details what is available for each operating system. The Portable Hard Drive sold by Seagate does not require additional drivers for most environments (see the notes below for your specific operating system).
How do I get help with my Seagate hard drive?
Get Support Now Speak with a Seagate expert. Secure your information by backing up the operating system, applications, settings, and all your data—as well as erasing it securely. SeaTools – Quick diagnostic tool that checks the health of your drive.
What are the software and apps available for the Seagate Ultra Touch?
Software and Apps. 1 Seagate Mobile Touch. Manage files stored on your Seagate Ultra Touch using your compatible Android mobile device. 2 Samsung Drive Manager. 3 Seagate® Media App. 4 Seagate® Media Sync for Mac. 5 Seagate® Media Sync for Windows.