How do I fix Windows 7 not reading my DVD ROM?
One possible solution to fix an unresponsive CD/DVD drive is to remove and reinstall the drive name in Device Manager:
- Remove any discs that may be in the drive.
- Click Start , and enter Device Manager into the Search field.
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click the drive name and select Uninstall.
How do you fix a DVD ROM drive error?
Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver If, after updating the driver, your CD/DVD drive still doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver. This often fixes the problem.
How do I enable my DVD drive in Windows 7?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive.
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
How do I reinstall a DVD ROM drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
Make sure the disc isn’t put in upside down and also ensure the disc isn’t out of alignment in the loading tray. If the disc still cannot be read, it is probably dirty, scratched, or burned in a wrong format. Then, you need to clean it, repair it, or re-burn it to see whether the DVD not playing error is fixed.
Why is my DVD not playing on Windows Media Player?
The Blu-ray Disc format is not supported in Windows Media Player. If you get a message that says that your computer is missing a codec or that you require a DVD decoder, you’re probably trying to play, burn, or sync a file that was compressed by using a codec that Windows or the Player doesn’t include by default.
How do I know if my DVD drive is working Windows 7?
Use these steps to see if the CD/DVD drive is recognized in Device Manager.
- Click Start , and enter Device Manager into the Search field. Click Device Manager.
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- If a name for a CD/DVD drive is not listed in Device Manager, the rest of these troubleshooting steps will not help.
Why DVD is not detected?
You might need to uninstall your disc recording software, restart the computer, reinstall the CD/DVD writing software, and then restart the computer again if the software no longer recognizes the drive. See Software for burning discs does not recognize the drive.
How do I get my DVD player to work?
How to Connect a DVD Player to a TV
- Unplug your TV and DVD player.
- Set the DVD player on a shelf near the TV.
- Connect your DVD player with the included cables.
- Whichever cable you use, plug one end into the DVD player, and the other into the corresponding port in the TV.
Why is my DVD drive not responding?
Bad or dirty CD. Make sure you have tested more than one CD in the disc drive,as it may be one CD that is bad or dirty.
Why is my CD burner not working?
– The driver of CD drive is damaged, outdated or missing. – The registry is corrupted and needs to be changed. – The CD drive has some hardware problems. – Etc.
How to get CD ROM to work?
Boot into Windows,or get on the Windows PC trying to use SuperDrive if you have not done so already