How do I get Firefox to open popups with new tabs?
- Right-click the tab bar, select “Popup this tab”. ( Firefox 53+)
- Right-click on the page, select “Popup this tab”. ( Firefox < 53)
- In popup window, right-click on the page, select “Merge popup”.
- From Firefox >= 66, you can set a hotkey that will popup/merge the current tab.
How do I open pop-up in a new window?
The syntax to open a popup is: window. open(url, name, params) : url. An URL to load into the new window.
Can I make pop-ups open in a new tab instead of a separate window How?
If you don’t want to use those extensions, then the most simple solution is to Ctrl + Click the link you think it’s a pop-up: it will be open as a new tab.
How do I set Firefox to open links in a new tab automatically?
Make Firefox automatically switch to newly opened tabs by opening the “Options” window, clicking “Tabs,” and then enabling the “When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately” option.
Why is Firefox opening new windows instead of tabs?
Firefox may repeatedly open new, empty tabs or windows after you click on a link, forcing you to close Firefox. This usually happens because you chose Firefox as the program to always use for a particular action, such as opening a certain type of file or launching an application to send mail.
How do I make a new tab open in a new window?
Open a new tab
- Windows & Linux: Ctrl + click a link.
- Mac: ⌘ + click a link.
When I open a new tab it opens a new window?
To fix the problem, be sure to find and remove problematic extensions. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I click a link – This issue can occur if your PC is infected with malware. If this happens, be sure to check your Chrome settings and restore them to the default.
How do I open a new window in tab instead of edge?
You can open new browsing tab in current Microsoft Edge window by pressing “Ctrl+T” keys or click on “+” in title bar.
How do I stop Firefox from opening new tabs?
- Go to about:config via your Address Bar.
- Press the button saying you’ll be careful.
- Search for browser.newtab.url.
- Right click -> Reset.
- You might also want to check for any prefs Trovi has set. Search for trovi and reset all prefs (Right click -> Reset)
- You might have to restart Firefox for this to work.
Why does Firefox open in a small window?
Check that you do not run Firefox in compatibility mode or with a reduced screen resolution. You can open the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut via the right-click context menu and check the “Compatibility” tab. Make sure that all items are deselected in the “Compatibility” tab of the Properties window.