How do I reset my E46 convertible top?
How to Reset an E46 Convertible Top
- Press down on the emergency lock button, located between the rear seats. Release the button.
- Grasp the convertible top on the side and on the top convertible top frame.
- Pry out the cover panel in the middle of the front convertible top frame.
Why is my convertible top not working?
If a convertible top simply doesn’t go up or down when you engage the switch, the cause may be a bad fuse, lift cylinder, or relay. When a convertible top gets stuck in the process, it is most likely caused by a lift cylinder or a broken cable. Ironically, sometimes the issue simply lies in a broken switch.
What is BMW E36?
The BMW E36 is the third generation of the BMW 3 Series range of compact executive cars, and was produced by the German automaker BMW from 1990 to 2000.
How do you open the top on a BMW 328i convertible?
BMW lets you open and close the top with the key or by pressing a button inside the car.
- Turn on the radio so the battery is engaged, or turn on the engine.
- Fold down the cargo partition in the trunk and lock it on both sides.
- Press the convertible button forward to open the top.
How much does it cost to fix a BMW convertible top?
The Estimated Price For Replacing A Convertible Top Runs From $900 To $1500. The price of replacing a convertible top is largely dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. But in most cases, the costs include the following: One replacement top (including pop rivets, staples, hold-down cables, and adhesive)
Can you close a convertible manually?
Closing the top is pretty simple. You just need to press the forward arrow button down till the lid comes back up. The cover will slowly move forward. When it completely covers the car then you will go for the next step.