How do you adjust the alignment on a conveyor belt?
- Level All of the Rollers. First, use a carpenter’s level to level all rolls to an accuracy of + or – 1/32”.
- Define the Center Line of Your Conveyor. Choose one end of the conveyor to start on.
- Set up the Transit.
- Align the Head and Tail Pulleys.
- Align the Snub Rolls.
- Final Inspection and Recommendations.
Which roller should you not adjust when tracking a belt?
As this is not practicable, the use of adjustable cylindrical rollers for belt tracking is not recommended for reversing operation.
How do you adjust a flat belt tracker?
52 second clip suggested3:06Tracking Demonstration – YouTubeYouTubeStart of suggested clipEnd of suggested clipPosition apply proper initial tension to each edge of the belt. If the belt is tracking to one sideMorePosition apply proper initial tension to each edge of the belt. If the belt is tracking to one side adjust. One side of the tracking rollers in small increments until the belt tracks into the desired.
What causes belt tracking?
The most prevalent source of mis-tracking is a result of product or basic materials built up on the bottom side of the conveyor belt or pulleys. Often this pending result can create a crown or raised portion on the pulley which can result in the conveyor belt mis-tracking to one side or the other.
How do you align a belt with tension?
60 second clip suggested8:54Fan Belt Alignment & Tension – YouTubeYouTube
How do you measure tension in a conveyor belt?
58 second clip suggested1:21Service Tip: Checking Conveyor Belt Tension – YouTubeYouTube
What is the purpose of a snub roller?
The use of a Snub Pulley is to prevent belt slippage which means costly downtime. Mounted close to the drive pulley on the return side of the belt, the Snub Pulley’s primary job is to increase the angle of wrap around the drive pulley, thereby increasing traction.
How do you fix a conveyor belt tracker?
How to Fix Conveyor Belt Tracking in 3 Easy Steps
- Check that the conveyor frame is level and square.
- Ensure the end pulleys are square.
- Check for debris.
- Double check that your conveyor belt has been cut straight.
- Three Quick and Easy Steps to Track a Conveyor Belt.
What causes conveyor belt misalignment?
Potential causes of mistracking include improper idler spacing, seized or worn rollers, a misaligned frame, material buildup on any part of the conveyor, excessive belt tensioning, and a worn or damaged belt, to name a few.
What are some potential problems if belt tension is too loose?
When a belt is too loose:
- Cracking of the belt.
- Pieces breaking off.
- Hardened appearance.
- Squealing during startup.
- Over amperage of your motor.
- Pulleys wearing out prematurely.
- Worn our front motor bearing.
What is proper belt tension?
The proper tension is the lowest tension at which the belt won’t slip or squeal under peak load. However, there is still a wide range of tension between these two extremes in which a drive will operate sufficiently. The primary goal of learning how to tension a V-belt is to find this happy tension medium.
What must be done before tensioning the belt?
Luckily, there is a simple procedure to achieve the proper tension on a belt.
- Step 1- Clean Conveyor & Install New Belt. The biggest nemesis to a conveyor belt working properly is contamination.
- Step 2- Pretension.
- Step 3 – Careful Measurement.
- Step 4 – Track Your Belt.