How do you evacuate an earthquake?
Drop to the floor under a sturdy desk or table, Cover your head and face with your arms, and … Hold on.
- If suitable furniture is NOT nearby, sit on the floor against an interior wall and cover your head and face with your arms.
- Stay clear of windows, bookcases, shelves, mirrors and fireplaces.
- Do not use elevators!
What is the function of Metro Manila earthquake Impact Reduction?
“The earthquake impact reduction plan for Metropolitan Manila” prepared by the Metropolitan Manila Earthquake Impact Reduction Study anticipates the mitigation and reduction of the expected impact. The vision of this plan is to ultimately achieve “A Safer Metropolitan Manila from Earthquake Impact”.
What should we do before an earthquake in the Philippines?
Before an earthquake:
- Familiarize yourself with the location of fire extinguishers, medical kits, exit routes, and your building’s evacuation plan.
- Have necessary house repairs fixed to avoid further damage.
- Store harmful chemicals and flammable materials properly.
- Secure heavy furniture and hanging objects.
What are the four quadrants in Metro Manila?
Instead, the region is divided into four geographic areas called “districts.” The districts have their district centers at the four original cities in the region: the city-district of Manila (Capital District), Quezon City (Eastern Manila), Caloocan (Northern Manila, also informally known as Camanava), and Pasay ( …
What are the standard operating procedures during an earthquake?
If an earthquake happens, protect yourself right away: If you are in bed, turn face down and cover your head and neck with a pillow. If you are outdoors, stay outdoors away from buildings. If you are inside, stay and do not run outside and avoid doorways.
What are the types of earthquake drill procedure?
Drop, Cover, and Hold On!
- Federal, state, and local emergency management experts and other official preparedness organizations all agree that “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” is the appropriate action to reduce injury and death during earthquakes (learn why here).
- Why Drop, Cover, and Hold On?
What type of faulting would be most likely to occur along transform faults?
A transform fault is a special case of a strike-slip fault that also forms a plate boundary. Most such faults are found in oceanic crust, where they accommodate the lateral offset between segments of divergent boundaries, forming a zigzag pattern.
What are the 5 major fault lines in the Philippines?
There are five active fault lines in the country namely the Western Philippine Fault, the Eastern Philippine Fault, the South of Mindanao Fault, Central Philippine Fault and the Marikina/Valley Fault System.
How do Phivolcs prepare for earthquakes?
What to do BEFORE an earthquake?
- Know the hazards.
- Know the EVACUATION AREA.
- Prepare your house or workplace.
- Prepare an EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT.
- Learn to use the first aid kit, fire extinguishers, alarms, switching off waterlines, gas tanks, and circuit breaker.
- Participate during DRILLS.
What are the steps during an earthquake?
During an earthquake:
- Drop, Cover, and Hold on!
- If indoors, stay there; most injuries occur when people inside try to move to a different location or try to leave.
- If outside, get into an open area.
- If driving, move out of traffic as quickly as possible and shut off the engine.
- If in bed, stay there.
Where do you evacuate after an earthquake?
The danger may last for days. If you are not in a tsunami zone, evacuate your home or office only if there is damage to the building or the surrounding area is unsafe. Consider relocating somewhere safer such as a friend’s house or a community shelter.
What will you do during an earthquake?
If you are able, seek shelter under a sturdy table or desk. Stay away from outer walls, windows, fireplaces, and hanging objects. If you are unable to move from a bed or chair, protect yourself from falling objects by covering up with blankets and pillows.
What are the emergency procedures in case of an earthquake?
Emergency Procedures. Earthquake Procedures. “DROP, COVER AND HOLD ON.” If you are not near a strong table or desk, drop to the floor against an interior wall and cover your head and neck with your arms. Avoid windows, hanging objects, mirrors, tall furniture, large appliances and cabinets filled with heavy objects.
How is the government preparing for a major earthquake in Manila?
As part of the government’s preparation, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has identified evacuation camps across the metro. The massive quake is expected to hit the West Valley Fault (WVF).
Where to find earthquake contingency plan Metro Manila 141?
Earthquake Contingency Plan METRO MANILA141 List of Contributors METROPOLITAN MANILA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (MMDA) Address: EDSA cor. Orense Street, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City Telephone: 882-4151 to 77; Hotline: 163
What is DVI in earthquake contingency plan Metro Manila?
Earthquake Contingency Plan METRO MANILA95 STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE: A. Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) 1. The NBI shall take the lead in identifying victims as a result of natural disasters, while PNP takes the lead in human-induced disasters.