How do you list reasons?
Another way to list reasons would be in separate sentences, using the ordinal forms of the number words, like this: I came up with three reasons….I came up with three reasons:
- This is my first reason, which contains a comma.
- This is my second reason.
- This is my third reason.
What do you write in a To Do list?
There’s a better way to write your to-do lists
- Have a “master” list.
- Have a “top three”
- Break it down and be specific.
- Be intentional with unfinished tasks.
- Plan to plan.
- Consider an “if/then” list.
How do you write reasoning in a sentence?
Reasoning in a Sentence 🔉
- When the couple fell in love, all logical reasoning flew out the window.
- The reasoning behind the family’s move was that they thought Seattle would be a safer city for the kids than Memphis.
How do you avoid a comma splice?
Combining Clauses to Avoid Comma Splices, Run-ons, and Fragments
- OPTION 1:Use a comma and a coordinating conjunction.
- OPTION 2: Use a semicolon.
- OPTION 3: Use a semicolon, transition word, and comma.
- OPTION 1: Use a subordinating conjunction after the independent clause.
Should I use a semicolon or period?
Semicolons are used to connect two independent clauses (i.e., full sentences), whether or not a conjunction is used. Although a period could easily be used—as each sentence can stand on its own—a semicolon can be used to indicate a closer connection between the two sentences.
How do you state your reason in an essay?
Give your opinion/experience/examples/reasons to support your argument. Do not write general information. Choose the next argument and write the topic sentence for this paragraph. Give your opinion/experience/examples/reasons to support your argument.
What is a complete sentence?
A complete sentence must have, at minimum, three things: a subject, verb, and an object. The subject is typically a noun or a pronoun. So, at the end of a complete sentence, we’ll need a period, question mark, exclamation mark, or even a semi-colon. …