How do you type two vertical lines?
Shift-\ (“backslash”). German keyboard it is on the left together with < and > and the Alt Gr modifier key must be pressed to get the pipe. Note that depending on the font used, this vertical bar can be displayed as a consecutive line or by a line with a small gap in the middle.
What does a vertical line mean in statistics?
The vertical bar is often called a ‘pipe’. It is often used in mathematics, logic and statistics. It typically is read as ‘given that’. In probability and statistics it often indicates conditional probability, but can also indicate a conditional distribution. You can read it as ‘conditional on’.
Why are words cut off in Word?
Most common problems that occur are: Line spacing of the text is set to an exact height. In case the document shows ‘Exactly’ in the line spacing settings, it can happen that the measurement set is equal or less than the height of the font. This may cause characters to not show or being cut off.
How do you insert a line in Microsoft Word 2010?
For inserting horizontal line, place the insert cursor where you want to insert it and head over Home tab, from Paragraph group, click drop-down button and select Horizontal Line as shown below. It will quickly insert a horizontal line in the document.
How do you insert a vertical line in Microsoft Word?
Vertical Lines in Word
- Display the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Shapes tool and then click one of the line shapes from the Line group.
- Click at one end of where you want your line, but don’t release the mouse button.
- Drag the mouse to where you want the other end of the line positioned.
- Release the mouse button.
How do you insert multiple lines in Word?
Tip: To insert more than one row (or column) at the same time, select as many rows or columns as you want to add before you click the insert control. For example, to insert two rows above a row, first select two rows in your table and then click Insert Above.
How do I make a vertical line on my keyboard?
You can type a straight vertical line, or “|,” on most modern keyboards dating back to some of the 1980s IBM PCs. It’s generally found above the backslash, so you can type a “|” by holding down the shift key and hitting the “” key.
How do you tell if a graph represents a function?
Use the vertical line test to determine whether or not a graph represents a function. If a vertical line is moved across the graph and, at any time, touches the graph at only one point, then the graph is a function. If the vertical line touches the graph at more than one point, then the graph is not a function.
How do you type a line through a word?
How to Strikethrough Text in Word
- Highlight the text that you want to strikethrough in Word.
- Click the button that has a strikethrough “ab” or press Alt + H + 4 at the same time.
- See your strikethrough text.
How do you write an equation for a vertical line?
Vertical Lines Thus, the equation for a vertical line is x = a, where a is the value that x takes. Example 3: Write an equation for the following line: Graph of a Line Since x always takes the value 2 = , the equation for the line is x = .
How do you insert a line in Microsoft Word for a resume?
2- Use the Horizontal Line Border
- Place the cursor in the spot where you want to add a line.
- Click on Home (located in the upper left-hand corner).
- Look in the Paragraph section and click the down arrow next to the Borders button.
- Click on Horizontal Line.
How do you type multiple lines?
With these simple steps you can control exactly where the line breaks will be.
- Click on the cell where you need to enter multiple lines of text.
- Type the first line.
- Press Alt + Enter to add another line to the cell. Tip.
- Type the next line of text you would like in the cell.
- Press Enter to finish up.
Can a function be a straight line?
A linear function is a function whose graph is a straight line. The line can’t be vertical, since then we wouldn’t have a function, but any other sort of straight line is fine.
How do I stop words breaking in Word?
Non-Breaking Paragraphs and Lines
- Select the paragraph or section of text you want to keep together.
- On the Home tab in Word, click the Paragraph group’s dialog launcher (the small arrow at the bottom-right of the group).
- Pick the Line and Page Breaks.
- Check the Keep lines together option, and click OK.
What does a vertical line mean in algebra?
The vertical line, also called the vertical slash or upright slash ( | ), is used in mathematical notation in place of the expression “such that” or “it is true that.” This symbol is commonly encountered in statements involving logic and sets. Also see Mathematical Symbols.
How do I remove the dotted line under text in Word?
- On the Home tab of the Ribbon, click the ¶ button to display paragraph marks (¶s).
- Select the paragraph mark above the line you want to delete.
- In the Paragraph section of the Home Tab, click the Borders and Shading list box button and select No Border.
How do you determine if a relation is a function?
Identify the input values. Identify the output values. If each input value leads to only one output value, classify the relationship as a function. If any input value leads to two or more outputs, do not classify the relationship as a function.
What is the vertical line symbol on the keyboard?
Alternatively referred to as a vertical bar, the pipe is a computer keyboard key “|” is a vertical line, sometimes depicted with a gap. This symbol is found on the same United States QWERTY keyboard key as the backslash key.
Can a circle be a function?
If you are looking at a function that describes a set of points in Cartesian space by mapping each x-coordinate to a y-coordinate, then a circle cannot be described by a function because it fails what is known in High School as the vertical line test. A function, by definition, has a unique output for every input.
How do I get rid of vertical lines in Word?
First, you can press Ctrl+Z right after you pressed Enter and Word added the line. In this case, the line is removed and your characters remain.
What is not a function?
A function is a relation in which each input has only one output. In the relation , y is a function of x, because for each input x (1, 2, 3, or 0), there is only one output y. x is not a function of y, because the input y = 3 has multiple outputs: x = 1 and x = 2.
What is the only type of straight line that would fail the vertical line test?
Answer: B) vertical line A vertical line has all points with the same x coordinate, but infinitely many different y coordinates. It inherently fails the vertical line test because we can pass a single straight line through more than one point on the function curve.
How do you cut words on Microsoft Word?
Apply or remove double-line strikethrough formatting
- Select the text that you want to format.
- Go to Home and select the Font Dialog Box Launcher. , and then select the Font tab.
- Select Double strikethrough.
What does a dotted line under text in word mean?
It means that the font is formatted as hidden. If you do not want it to be. visible, turn off the display of hidden text. If you want the text to be. visible, but don’t want the dotted underline, remove the hidden formatting.
How do you put a line in Microsoft Word?
To add a line, follow these steps.
- On the Insert tab, select Shapes.
- Under Lines, select any line style you like.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
How do I stop words splitting in Word 2016?
To stop words from splitting across lines in a paragraph or paragraphs by turning off automatic hyphenation:
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs.
- Click the Home tab in the Ribbon.
- Click the dialog box launcher on the bottom right corner of the Paragraph group.
- Click Line and Page Breaks.
- Select or check Don’t Hyphenate.
Where is the strikethrough in Word?
To applying this formatting in Microsoft Word, all you need to do is: Select the text you want to format with the cursor. Go to the Font section of the Home tab on the main ribbon. Select strikethrough (this will be displayed as ab or abc ).
How do you use the vertical line test to determine if a graph is a function?
The vertical line test can be used to determine whether a graph represents a function. If we can draw any vertical line that intersects a graph more than once, then the graph does not define a function because a function has only one output value for each input value.