What are 10 adjectives in French?
List of French adjectives – masculine and feminine
- grand(e) – big/tall.
- petit(e) – small.
- bon(ne) – good.
- mauvais(e) – bad.
- beau/belle – beautiful.
- chaud(e) – hot.
- froid(e) – cold.
- gentil(le) – kind.
What are adjectives in French examples?
French Adjectives List
- petit – small.
- grand – tall/big.
- mauvais – bad.
- bon – good.
- belle or beau – beautiful.
- froid – cold.
- gentil – kind.
- chaud – hot.
How do you introduce adjectives in French?
In French, an adjective is usually placed after the noun it modifies and must agree in gender and number with the noun. In English, an adjective usually comes before the noun it modifies and is invariable, that is, it does not agree. Tex est un tatou philosophique.
What are qualifying adjectives in French?
Qualifying adjectives are the ones that, well, qualify a noun or pronoun….For example:
- … le ballon rouge (after the noun)
- …un beau chapeau. (before the noun)
- … diamant très rare. (after the noun with an adverb in between)
- … grenouille est verte. (after the noun with a verb in between)
What are French adjectives?
Adjectives (les adjectifs) describe the qualities and characteristics of a noun; they describe how someone or something is. They always accompany the noun they describe, and the endings of an adjective always agree with the noun in terms of gender (masculine or feminine) and number (singular or plural).
How do you write adjectives in French?
To make an adjective agree with a feminine singular noun or pronoun, you usually add -e to the masculine singular. If the adjective already ends in an -e, no further -e is added. Several adjectives ending in a consonant double their consonant as well as adding -e in the feminine.
How do you fill adjectives in French?
What are qualitative adjectives in French?
Qualitative adjectives describe a quality, for example beau, grand, intéressant. Classifying adjectives categorise the noun they modify; for example français, quotidien, chimique, principal. Classifying adjectives have an absolute value, and cannot normally be modified.
What are the 4 types of adjectives in French?
This means that French adjectives can have up to four different forms: masculine singular; feminine singular; masculine plural; and feminine plural. Sounds complicated? Don’t panic! It’s simpler than it seems.
What are 2 adjectives in French?
The most common French adjectives (list)
- Grand – Tall.
- Beau – Beautiful.
- Gros – Big.
- Petit – Small.
- Bon – Good.
- Mauvais – Bad.
- Chaud – Hot.
- Froid – Cold.
What are 10 adjectives examples?
Examples of adjectives
- They live in a beautiful house.
- Lisa is wearing a sleeveless shirt today. This soup is not edible.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- He writes meaningless letters.
- This shop is much nicer.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- Ben is an adorable baby.
- Linda’s hair is gorgeous.
What are some of the most beautiful French adjectives?
belle (feminine adjective) – beautiful. charmante (feminine adjective) – charming or lovely. éblouissante (feminine adjective) – dazzling. étonnante (feminine adjective) – astonishing. étourdissante (feminine adjective) – stunning. jolie (feminine adjective) – pretty.
What are some common French adjectives?
– Un bol rond – a round bowl – Une assiette ronde – a round plate – Un bol rond – a round bowl – Une petit blanche – a little door – Un petit blanc – a little wall – Une télévision neuve – a new television – Un ordinateur neuf – a new computer
What are some French verbs?
Verb English; 1: être: to be Conjugate: 2: avoir: to have Conjugate: 3: pouvoir: to be able (can)
What are some examples of French adverbs of manner?
– aisé -> aisément easily, comfortably – sacré -> sacrément bloody (slang) – précis -> précisement exactly – énorme -> énormement enormously – privé -> privément privately – aveugle -> aveuglément blindly – décidé -> décidément resolutely