What are some encouraging quotes?
13 Encouraging Quotes to Inspire You
- 1. “ It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you.
- 3. “ Courage, dear heart.” – C.S. Lewis.
- 5. “ It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.” –
- 7. “ Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –
- 9. “ Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” –
What is the shortest Bible verse?
“Jesus wept” (Greek: ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς, edákrysen ho Iesoús lit. “Jesus wept”) is a phrase famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Version of the Bible, as well as many other versions. It is not the shortest in the original languages. It is found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.
How do you endure hardship in life?
The 12 Invaluable Lessons Learned Enduring Hardship and Stress
- Don’t repeat. Never go back to what or who broke you.
- Time heals. Stress and hardship, although not enjoyable, do pass and as time moves on, solutions come.
- Holes fill.
- Pain ends.
- Things change.
- Let go.
- You will survive.
What does it mean to love your neighbor as yourself?
Love Yourself The quote, and Jesus’ command, after all, is to love thy neighbor as thyself. Which means that in order to love our neighbors as best we can, we must love ourselves. Self love is a continuous process, and often a hard one.
How do you face adversity in life?
10 Ways Successful People Push Through Adversity
- Find your sense of humor. They say laughter is the best medicine.
- Be mentally prepared.
- Take stock of all you’ve been through already.
- Adversity offers valuable insights.
- Make peace with the situation.
- Embrace adversity as a chance for opportunity.
- Refuse to give up.
- Have a purpose.
What are some examples of individuals who have faced great adversity?
Scroll through the list for some serious inspiration.
- Bill Gates’ first business failed.
- Albert Einstein didn’t speak until he was four years old.
- Jim Carrey used to be homeless.
- Bethany Hamilton had her arm bitten off by a shark.
- Benjamin Franklin dropped out of school at age ten.
- Richard Branson has dyslexia.
Is there an 11th commandment?
The 11th Commandment has already been given in the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus was asked, “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?” His response, “Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy soul, and all thy mind.” This is the same as the first commandment of having only one God.
What does the 11th commandment mean?
The Eleventh Commandment was a phrase used by President Ronald Reagan during his 1966 campaign for Governor of California. Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.
What is a good sentence for adversity?
She turned adversity into opportunity. There is adversity in a world that is not fair. That he’d grown a little more thoughtful and a little less reactive in how he handled adversity impressed Gabe. It was part of the adversity of war.
What verse is the Golden Rule?
Matthew 7:12 is the twelfth verse of the seventh chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount. This well known verse presents what has become known as the Golden Rule.
What is the most important part of Jesus life?
The most important day in the Christian year is Easter Sunday, when Jesus was raised to new life. Because of this, Christians made Sunday their Sabbath (holy day). Christians believe that the resurrection proves that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) and the Son of God.
What is a good encouraging Bible verse?
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Isaiah 49:13 Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted. Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you.
What are the 12 Commandments?
The ten commandments, in order, are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”
- “Honor thy father and mother.”
- “Thou shalt not kill.”
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
What are personal hardships?
variable noun. Hardship is a situation in which your life is difficult or unpleasant, often because you do not have enough money.
How do you face adversity at work?
- Determination. We all know that actions speak louder than words and this is something that people who have the ability to face adversity succeed in doing.
- Take responsibility.
- Identify new goals.
- Change the way you think of negative feedback.
- About the Author.
What does it mean to endure hardship?
If you endure a painful or difficult situation, you experience it and do not avoid it or give up, usually because you cannot.