What are the 12 phobias?
The 12 Most Common Phobias
- Arachnophobia (Fear of spiders)
- Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
- Acrophobia (Fear of heights)
- Aerophobia (Fear of flying)
- Cynophobia (Fear of dogs)
- Astraphobia (Fear of thunder and lightning)
- Trypanophobia (Fear of injections)
- Social Phobia (Social anxiety disorder)
What is the rarest phobia?
13 of the most unusual phobias
- 1) Xanthophobia – fear of the colour yellow.
- 2) Turophobia- fear of cheese.
- 3) Somniphobia- fear of falling asleep.
- 4) Coulrophobia – fear of clowns.
- 5) Hylophobia- fear of trees.
- 6) Omphalophobia- fear of the navel.
- 7) Nomophobia- fear of being without mobile phone coverage.
What are the 10 most common phobias?
Phobias: The ten most common fears people hold
- Acrophobia: fear of heights.
- Pteromerhanophobia: fear of flying.
- Claustrophobia: fear of enclosed spaces.
- Entomophobia: fear of insects.
- Ophidiophobia: fear of snakes.
- Cynophobia: fear of dogs.
- Astraphobia: fear of storms.
- Trypanophobia: fear of needles.
What is the #1 phobia?
1. Social phobias. Fear of social interactions. Also known as Social Anxiety Disorder, social phobias are by far the most common fear or phobia our Talkspace therapists see in their clients.
What is a Glossophobia?
: fear of public speaking In anticipation of speaking in public, a person with glossophobia can experience a dry mouth, weak voice and uncontrollable body shaking.— Robert Malone.
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. The American Psychiatric Association doesn’t officially recognize this phobia.
Is trypophobia a rare phobia?
Trypophobia is not recognized in pyschiatry’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, but it is present in 16 percent of people, according to a new study in Psychological Science, which is the first to address the strange fear.
What is the fear of being yelled at called?
Phonophobia is an anxiety disorder, not a hearing disorder.
What do humans fear most?
Some of humanity’s most common phobias are well known, like the fear of heights or of the dark. Others, however, are less expected, like the fear of speaking to strangers due to anxiety about what they might think of you.
What is Leukophobia?
Leukophobia is an intense fear of the color white. It’s a specific phobia, which occurs when you face or think of a particular situation. Leukophobia may stem from other mental health issues, including: Repetitive thoughts and urges: Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
What is Lilapsophobia?
Lilapsophobia Is the Fear of Tornadoes or Hurricanes. Lilapsophobia: The Fear of Tornadoes or Hurricanes. More in Phobias. Types. Causes.
What word takes 3 hours to say?
The chemical name of titin was first kept in the English dictionary, but it was later removed from the dictionary when the name caused trouble. It is now known only as Titin. Titin protein was discovered in 1954 by Reiji Natori.
What are some phobias that start with the letter V?
Phobia List Starting With “V” 1 Vaccinophobia: Fear of vaccination 2 Venustraphobia: Fear of beautiful women 3 Verbophobia: Fear of words 4 Verminophobia: Fear of germs 5 Vestiphobia: Fear of clothing 6 Virginitiphobia: Fear of rape 7 Vitricophobia: Fear of step-father
What are some phobias that start with s?
Phobias S-Z S Samhainophobia – Fear of Halloween Sarmassophobia – Fear of love play Satanophobia – Fear of Satan Scabiophobia – Fear of scabies Scelerophobia – Fear of bad men, burglars Sciophobia – Fear of shadows
What is a phobia that starts with the letter Q?
Phobia List Starting With “Q” 1 Quadraphobia: Fear of four (the number) 2 Quadriplegiphobia: Fear of quadriplegics, or fear of becoming a quadriplegic 3 Quintaphobia: Fear of five (the number)
What are some examples of phobias in literature?
Electrophobia – Fear of electricity Eleutherophobia – Fear of freedom Emetophobia – Fear of vomiting Enetophobia – Fear of pins Enochlophobia – Fear of crowds Enosiophobia – Fear of criticism or committing an unpardonable sin