What does a blue dotted line mean in Word?
This article describes a new feature in Microsoft Word called the Format Consistency Checker. Wavy blue lines that appear under text in a Word document indicate that the Format Consistency Checker is turned on and is functioning in the background as you type.
How do I get rid of extra space in justified text?
Method 1: Change Layout Options
- First, click “File” then click “Options” to open “Word Options” dialog box.
- Next click “Advanced” and scroll down to the bottom of the box.
- Click “Layout Options” to bring out more choices.
- Check the “Don’t expand character spaces on a line that ends with SHIFT-RETURN” box and click “OK”.
How do I remove a line break in Word 2016?
How to Add or Remove Page Breaks in Word 2016
- Place the cursor where you want to start a new page.
- Go to Insert > Pages > Page Break.
- Click on the Show/Hide symbol, which appears as a paragraph mark (¶) on the Home tab.
- Double-click the break you want to remove.
- Hit Delete.
- Highlight the paragraphs or lines you want to keep together.
How do you remove a line break?
Remove Line Breaks in Word: Show Section Breaks
- Go to the Home tab and, in the Paragraph group, select Show/Hide.
- All section breaks become visible in the document.
- Place the cursor to the left of break you want to remove, then press Delete.
- Select Show/Hide to hide the section breaks.
How do I get rid of large space between paragraphs in Word?
To format paragraph spacing:
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs you want to format.
- On the Home tab, click the Line and Paragraph Spacing command. Click Add Space Before Paragraph or Remove Space After Paragraph from the drop-down menu.
- The paragraph spacing will change in the document.
How do I remove all spaces in Word?
How to Quickly Remove Double Spaces in Word
- Hit CTRL+A to select all the text in the document.
- Hit CTRL+H to open the Find and Replace window.
- Type two spaces in the Find what field.
- Type one space in the Replace with field.
- Click Replace All.
How do I get rid of the dotted line in Word?
To get rid of it:
- Place your cursor into the paragraph immediately preceding the line.
- Go to Format, Borders and Shading (Word 2002-2003) or click the Border drop-down in the Paragraph section of the Home tab of the Ribbon (Word 2007 and up)
- Click None (or No Borders) to turn off all the borders.