What is a food feature article?
Granted, a “feature” on Serious Eats can mean a lot of very different things: a guide to a particular ingredient, or category of ingredient, or cuisine; an exploration of an odd American regional food or the history behind an iconic international one; a personal essay; or a reported investigation of a segment of the …
What is an example of a feature story?
What is a feature story? A feature story is a piece of longform non-fiction content that covers a single topic in detail. Examples of feature stories include news features, in-depth profiles, human interest stories, science communication, data storytelling, and more.
How do you write a food feature article?
5 Tips on How to Write About Food
- Think about what kind of food writing your want to do.
- Find a unique angle or niche that you want to write about.
- Learn to write descriptively and use sensual language.
- Avoid overusing generic terms like “delicious” or “tasty”
How do you write a food story?
How to write a crave-worthy food story
- Make a tempting pitch. These few lines will decide the fate of your article, so take pains to craft them.
- Layer your writing.
- Entice with your lead.
- Appeal to the senses.
- Pay attention to structure.
- Avoid cliches.
- Check your facts.
- Refine your copy.
What are the features of a food product?
These food quality attributes include:
- Appearance (including size, shape, colour, gloss and consistency)
- Nutritional content.
- Ethical and sustainable production.
What are the features of healthy food?
Five Important Characteristics of Healthy Eating
- Portion Control. Moderation is one of the foundations of a healthy diet, and portion control will help you enjoy the foods you love in healthier ways.
- Fruits and Vegetables.
- Whole Grains.
- Limiting Unhealthy Fat.
- Limiting Processed Foods.
What is an example of a feature?
The definition of a feature is a part of the face, a quality, a special attraction, article or a major film showing in the theatre. An example of feature is a nose. An example of feature is freckles. An example of feature is a new movie coming out.
What is a good feature story?
Feature stories are descriptive and full of detail. Feature stories generally have a strong narrative line. Feature stories have a strong lead that grabs readers and makes them want to read on. Feature stores contain the voice of the writer.
How do you write food beautifully?
4 Rules for Making Food Look Beautiful
- Choose a neutral dish, not too big or too small.
- Place the food to suggest abundance.
- Wipe the splatter off the rim.
- Garnish! (It’s about romance, not parsley.)
- Find some natural light.
- But avoid direct light.
- Upgrade your garnishes.
- Dissect what your favorite Instagrammers do.
How do you describe food in writing examples?
Here are some words that are commonly used to describe food:
- Acidic: A food with a sharp taste.
- Bitter: A tart, sharp, and sometimes harsh flavor.
- Bittersweet: A less harsh taste than bitterness.
- Briny: Another word for salty.
- Citrusy: A bright flavor like that of lemons, limes, oranges, and other citrus fruits.
Why are features important?
The uniqueness of a product or service can set it apart from the competition. Features can communicate the capability of a product or service. But features are only valuable if customers see those particular features as valuable. You want products or services with features which customers perceive as valuable benefits.
What are 5 characteristics of eating healthy?