What is Self Care Plan?
“A self-care plan is a thoughtfully constructed and intentionally engaged guide (wellness curriculum) to promote our health and wellbeing.” A self-care plan takes the concept of being a life-long learner and engages the person in building a curriculum of knowledge, skills and attitudes to support their wellbeing.
How do I write a self care plan?
- Develop a regular sleep routine.
- Aim for a healthy diet.
- Take lunch breaks.
- Go for a walk at lunchtime.
- Take your dog for a walk after work.
- Use your sick leave.
- Get some exercise before/after work regularly.
How many types of self care are there?
How do I practice mental self-care?
With a healthy mind comes motivation, energy and better physical and mental functioning, so here are some ways to practice mental self-care.
- Take care of yourself physically.
- Take the time to do the things you love.
- Develop your emotional intelligence.
- Find balance in your social life.
- Don’t be afraid to take a break.
What are the four types of self care?
Self-care includes all the things you do to take care of your well-being in four key dimensions – your emotional, physical, psychological, and spiritual health.
What are some self care ideas?
- Give myself a pedicure or a manicure.
- Read a book or magazine for an hour.
- Sit on the front porch.
- Take a bubble bath—complete with candles and calming music.
- Pick or buy a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Take a leisurely walk without a goal.
- Put on a homemade face mask.
What is mental self care?
Mental self care involves activities that help declutter your mind and reduce your stress levels. Taking care of your mental health can seem difficult when life gets busy with work or school. By scheduling time each day to care for your mental health, you can reduce your stress and improve your overall happiness.
What are the six areas addressed by a self care plan?
We propose and delineate six life domains—physical, professional, relational, emotional, psychological, and spiritual—that may require attention in each person’s self-care practice, and briefly summarize some empirical findings that support self-care practices within each.
What causes lack of self-care?
Causes. Self-neglect can be as a result of brain injury, dementia or mental illness. It can be a result of any mental or physical illness which has an effect on the person’s physical abilities, energy levels, attention, organisational skills or motivation.
What are the five key areas of self care?
There are five different types of self-care: physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual and professional care.