What is social media and its history?
The first recognizable social media site, Six Degrees, was created in 1997. It enabled users to upload a profile and make friends with other users. In 1999, the first blogging sites became popular, creating a social media sensation that’s still popular today.
What are pros and cons of social media?
Pros & Cons of Social Media
|Put yourself out there in a good way||Posting inappropriate statuses/pictures|
|Connect with students in other educational systems||Making people feel bad about themselves|
|Make new friends/communicate or connect with old friends/family||Cyberbullying|
What are the social impact of social media?
Social media can be very influential on society in both positive and negative ways. It gives people a way to stay in touch with people who live far away. It lets people share fun, interesting and informative content.
What are the good things about social media?
Some of the benefits of social media are:
- Having a platform to showcase technological savvy and creativity.
- Increased self-confidence by empowering introverts to express their ideas.
- The ability to create lifelong friends.
- Strengthening social awareness and empathy.
What are causes of social media?
Causes of Social Media Depression and Anxiety
- The illusion that others are more popular due to the number of “friends” or “followers” they have.
- Seeing pictures of a group of friends that you consider yourself to be close to but you weren’t invited to join them.
Is social media a safe platform for youngsters what are the pros and cons of social media?
Social media platforms aren’t just for being social with friends; they are a way to connect and research and learn together. Posting homework questions on social media platforms also serves to ensure that student teens can learn better. Related: Positive Effects of Social Media. A boost in self-esteem.
Is social media a safe platform for youngsters?
Social media benefits and risks: children and teenagers. Social media is a big part of social and creative life for many teenagers and children. Social media benefits include connection, learning and creativity. Risks include exposure to inappropriate content, cyberbullying and data breaches.