What is the shortcut to draw a line in Word?
There are multiple methods to create a straight line in Word, one method is to simply enter the hyphen key three times and hit the enter key, this will automatically create a straight line Alternatively you can replace the hyphen key with an underscore or the equal sign for thicker and double lines respectively….
How can I draw a line in Microsoft Word?
On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes. Under Lines, right-click the line or connector that you want to add, and then click Lock Drawing Mode. Click where you want to start the line or connector, and then drag the cursor to where you want the line or connector to end.
How do I type under a line in Word?
Place the insertion point where you want the ruling line (underlining). On the Format menu, click Font. In the Underline style box, select the line style you want, and then click OK. For every blank space you want to underline, press CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR.
How do you insert lines in Word?
To add a line, follow these steps.
- On the Insert tab, select Shapes.
- Under Lines, select any line style you like.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
How do you type between lines in Word?
- Open the Word document and scroll to the section with the line.
- Click the Insert tab, then click the “Text Box” button.
- Click inside the text box to type any text you want above the line.
- Handwrite any text you want to appear above the line.
- Click the orange Text Box Tools tab, then click the “Shape Outline” menu.
How do I make a line thicker in Word?
- Click the line that you want to change, and then click the Format tab.
- Under Shape Styles, click the arrow next to Line. , point to Weights, and then click the width that you want.
How do you type a horizontal line?
Many users already know that easiest way to insert a plain horizontal line into a page is to use the keyboard shortcut of typing 3 dashes (—) then press ‘Enter’ – and voila! your line appears by magic!
How do I delete Table lines in Word 2019?
To erase table lines in Word, click the “Layout” tab of the “Table Tools” contextual tab in the Ribbon. Then click the “Eraser” button in the “Draw” button group. Your mouse pointer then turns into an eraser. Then click and drag the mouse over the line to erase….
How do I make a line in Microsoft Word?
How do you insert a solid line in Word?
To create a line using the Shapes tool, click the “Insert” tab, the “Shapes” button, and then select the shape you want to use and click and drag to draw it in your document.
How do I remove a line margin in Word?
In Microsoft Word, click the File tab, then go into Options. Select Advanced and use the scroll bar at the right side of the window to scroll down to the Show document content section. Uncheck the Show crop marks checkbox. Click OK.
How do you insert a horizontal line in Word 2010?
For inserting horizontal line, place the insert cursor where you want to insert it and head over Home tab, from Paragraph group, click drop-down button and select Horizontal Line as shown below. It will quickly insert a horizontal line in the document….
How can I draw a line in Word?
How do I insert a horizontal line in Word 2007?
Begin by clicking on the Page Layout tab and select Page Borders. Then click on Horizontal Line. Scroll through the list and select a type of horizontal line. When finished, click on OK….
How do I make a vertical line in Word?
To add a vertical line using the shape tool, go to Insert | Shapes and select the Line tool. Place the cursor where you want the line to start, and drag to where you want the other end of the line to be. Holding the Shift key while you drag will ensure that the line is straight.
How do you insert a horizontal line in Word?
Insert a Horizontal Line From the Ribbon
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the line.
- Go to the Home tab and then click the dropdown arrow for the Borders option in the Paragraph group.
- Select Horizontal Line from the menu.
- To tweak the look of this horizontal line, double-click the line.
Why is there a line in my Word document?
The reason is quite simple. Since the “line” is really a paragraph border, it appears at the bottom of the last paragraph that has that format. Select all the paragraphs in your document by pressing Ctrl+A. Choose Borders and Shading from the Format menu….
How do I remove table lines in Word 2010?
Click on the Eraser tool, in the Draw Borders group (Word 2007 and Word 2010) or the Draw group (Word 2013 and Word 2016). Click and drag to select the table lines you want to erase. Click on the Eraser tool again or press the Esc key. This turns off the Eraser tool….
How do I insert a horizontal line in Word 365?
Place your cursor where you want to insert the line. Click the Home tab and then click the dropdown arrow for the Borders option in the Paragraph group. From the resulting list, select Horizontal Line….
How do I make lines in Microsoft Word?
Use the Shapes Menu to Insert a Line in Word
- Place the cursor in the spot where you want to insert a line.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Illustrations group, select the Shapes drop-down arrow.
- In the Lines group, choose a line shape.
- In the Word document, drag across the location where you want the line to appear.
How do I add a line between columns in Word?
Insert a line between columns on a page
- Choose Page Layout > Columns. At the bottom of the list, choose More Columns.
- In the Columns dialog box, select the check box next to Line between.
How do I erase a line in Word?
Delete lines or connectors Click the line, connector, or shape that you want to delete, and then press Delete. Tip: If you want to delete multiple lines or connectors, select the first line, press and hold Ctrl while you select the other lines, and then press Delete.
How do I remove a line between two columns in Word?
Select the table, Design contextual tab, Table styles group, Border button, click Inside Vertical border that should leave the table border and the horizontal lines. Note that the lines will not be deleted but just won’t print….