What TV shows were popular in the 80?
The 80 Best TV Shows of the 1980s
- ALF. Original Run: 1986-90.
- Three’s Company. Original Run: 1977-84.
- Wiseguy. Original Run: 1987-90.
- China Beach. Original Run: 1988-91.
- Knight Rider. Original Run: 1982-1986.
- Growing Pains. Original Run: 1985-92.
- Sledge Hammer! Original Run: 1986-88.
- V. Original Run: 1983-85. Creator: Kenneth Johnson.
What TV shows have been filmed in New Zealand?
TV Series, New Zealand (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- Top of the Lake (2013–2017)
- Wellington Paranormal (2018– )
- The Brokenwood Mysteries (2014– )
- Legend of the Seeker (2008–2010)
- Flight of the Conchords (2007–2009)
- The Gulf (2019– )
- The Lost World (1999–2002)
- The New Legends of Monkey (2018– )
What is New Zealand’s longest running TV show?
Date:  From: [Auckland] : TVNZ, ; Auckland, New Zealand : Distributed by Roadshow Entertainment (NZ) Ltd. : Jigsaw Entertainment Description: Country Calendar first aired on March 6, 1966, and is New Zealand’s longest-running TV show and the second-longest running show in the world after the UK’s C…
What is the most popular show in NZ?
Audience ratings for TV
- Country Calendar (R) 175,000. TVNZ 1* • Noon daily.
- Being Me (R) 66,600. TVNZ 1* • Noon Sunday.
- Golden Boy (R) 43,300. Three* • Fridays 10:20 pm.
- Attitude. 33,000. TVNZ 1* • Noon Sundays.
- Dear Murderer (R) 30,000.
- Taskmaster NZ (R) 25,800.
- Tagata Pasifika. 23,000.
- The Dark Horse (R) 22,000.
What was the biggest TV show in the 80s?
Cheers took top spot with 66% of the vote, followed by The Cosby Show at 53%, The Golden Girls at 47%, Magnum, P.I. with 46%, and the 1980s edition of Saturday Night Live taking fifth place with 45%.
What was popular in the 80s?
80s fashion was big on accessories. The trendiest items included scrunchies, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, plastic bangles, large funky earrings in neon shades, mesh accents, fanny packs and pearl necklaces.
What films are being made in NZ?
- The Beatles: Get Back.
- Cowboy Bebop.
- The Power of the Dog.
- My Life is Murder – Season One.
- Mr. Corman.
- The Justice of Bunny King.
- Together Forever Tea.
Are you paying attention NZ?
Have You Been Paying Attention? (abbreviated on social media as HYBPA?…Have You Been Paying Attention? (New Zealand game show)
|Have You Been Paying Attention?|
|Presented by||Hayley Sproull|
|Starring||Vaughan Smith Urzila Carlson|
|Country of origin||New Zealand|
How many TV channels are there in NZ?
TV in New Zealand The Freeview and Freeview Satellite are made up of 36 channels including radio stations. The paid TV is Sky, which includes international movie channels, news channels, entertainment channels, that you are likely to find all over the world.
What is the longest running TV show?
Guiding Light is the longest-running TV show in the world, with 72 years on the air. The American daytime soap was created in 1937, debuting on the radio – and was finally taken off CBS in 2009.
What is the number 1 Netflix series?
The Top 10 Most Popular TV Shows on Netflix Right Now
- Catching Killers.
- The Woman in the House Across the Street From the Girl in the Window.
- Raising Dion.
- All of Us Are Dead.
- jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy.
- Sweet Magnolias.
Does anyone watch Shortland Street?
It has an average reach of 345,000 people each day on broadcast TV. A TVNZ spokeswoman says it is the company’s most streamed show – so people still like it, but that fandom doesn’t translate to Nielsen’s ratings, which do not include OnDemand or streaming numbers.
What is the most popular TV series in New Zealand?
TV Series, New Zealand (Sorted by Popularity Ascending) 1. The Shannara Chronicles (2016–2017) TV-14 | 42 min | Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi. 2. The Brokenwood Mysteries (2014– ) 3. Creamerie (2021– ) 4. Top of the Lake (2013–2017) 5. Legend of the Seeker (2008–2010)
What kind of TV shows should be removed from New Zealand?
Television series which originated in New Zealand in the decade 1980s. i.e. in the years 1980 to 1989. Television shows that originated in other countries and only later aired in New Zealand should be removed from this category and its sub-categories
How many TV series have made their mark on NZ screens?
Here is a showcase of 10 popular series, across various categories, that have made their mark on local screens. New Zealand ‘s longest-running drama, Shortland Street, has been on air since 1992.
What was New Zealand’s first TV music show?
In February 1962 AKTV2 started screening New Zealand’s first TV music show, In the groove (1962–64). TV had only been officially launched in the country in 1960, and a national network wasn’t established until the following decade. So In the groove screened on other regional channels later in the year.