Who is the greatest left back ever?
1) Paolo Maldini That mark stood until 2020 when broken by Gianluigi Buffon. He made defending look effortless for Italy during four World Cups and three Euros between 1988 and 2002. At AC Milan, he won the Champions League five times and none other than Zlatan called him “the best and toughest defender I ever faced”.
Who is the best left back in 2021 2022?
The 10 Best Left Backs In The World 2022
- Ferland Mendy (Real Madrid)
- Kieran Tierney (Arsenal FC)
- Jordi Alba (FC Barcelona)
- Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia CF)
- Alphonso Davies (FC Bayern Munich)
- Andrew Robertson (Liverpool FC)
- Luke Shaw (Manchester United)
- Theo Hernandez (AC Milan)
Who is the best right back?
Top 10 best right-backs in the world in 2021
- Achraf Hakimi (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madird)
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
- Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid)
- Reece James (Chelsea)
- Benjamin Pavard (Bayern Munich)
- Denzel Dumfries (Inter Milan)
- Ricardo Pereira (Leicester City)
Who is the best defender of all time?
1) Paolo Maldini Left-back, sweeper, centre-back… Paolo Maldini did it with Italian style and substance at all the positions he played for club and country. And he did it all with a strut that wouldn’t have looked out of place on the Milan catwalks.
Who is the best LB?
Linebacker Rankings: The 32 best LBs entering the 2021 NFL season
- Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks.
- Fred Warner, San Francisco 49ers.
- Eric Kendricks, Minnesota Vikings.
- Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Demario Davis, New Orleans Saints.
- Darius Leonard, Indianapolis Colts.
- Deion Jones, Atlanta Falcons.
Who is the best RB in the world ever?
Top 10 right-backs
- Giuseppe Bergomi.
- Gianluca Zambrotta.
- Djalma Santos.
- Philipp Lahm.
- Gary Neville.
- Javier Zanetti.
- Lillian Thuram.
- Carlos Alberto.
Who is the best Centre backs ever?
Ronald Koeman (PA)
Who is the best defender in 2021?
Greatest defenders in the world in 2021
- Mats Hummels. The first name on our list for the best football defenders in 2021 is Dortmund’s player,
- Cesar Azpilicueta.
- Leonardo Bonucci.
- Virgil van Dijk.
- Alphonso Davies.
- Jules Kounde.
- Joao Cancelo.
Who is the best CB in football?
Top 10 best centre-backs in the world in 2021
- Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
- Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
- Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan)
- Niklas Sule (Bayern Munich)
- Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea)
- Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City)
Who is the best winger?
Considering all of the above, here is a list of the 10 top wingers in 2021.
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- Leroy Sane (Bayern Munich)
- Neymar Jr (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid)
- Federico Chiesa (Juventus)
Who are the best left-backs in the world?
The best left-backs in the world 1 Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) 2 Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) 3 Theo Hernandez (AC Milan) 4 Ferland Mendy (Real Madrid) 5 Luke Shaw (Manchester United) 6 Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund) 7 Kieran Tierney (Arsenal) 8 Jordi Alba (Barcelona) 9 Lucas Digne (Everton) 10 Ben Chilwell (Chelsea)
What does it mean to be a left-back?
There’s more to being a defender than just defending – the best left-backs are proof of that To describe someone as one of the best left-backs used to be damning them with faint praise. Left-back used to be where you’d stick the worst player on the team.
Is Luke Shaw one of the best left-backs in the world?
Few would have included Luke Shaw on a list of the best left-backs 18 months ago, but now you’d be silly not to. Shaw has been a phenomenon for Manchester United for months now, defending with tenacity and providing a consistently dangerous threat from the left-wing.
Are left-backs the Forgotten Men on the football pitch?
World football has seen some exceptional left-backs over the years from Ashley Cole to Roberto Carlos, setting the standard high for new up-and-coming lefties to try their trade in the forgotten position. Full-backs are no longer the forgotten men on the football pitch.